Thursday, February 20, 2014

Nighttime Skincare Routine

Hello Beauties!

We all have a routine in one form or another such as getting home and taking your shoes off, putting your keys down in a specific area and then changing into comfortable clothes. There are routines that are good practice such as when you get in the car and check the mirrors, adjust the seat and put the seatbelt on. Having a nighttime skin care routine is also good practice for every age and every skin type. I have super dry skin so all the products I use are specifically for moisturizing and anti aging. It is said that our skin is our biggest organ so why not take care of it as best you can.

I've shared my story regarding Vitiligo and now I’m going to share with you my favorite products for my night time skin care routine in the order of application.

Wipes (pre-cleanse)
I always start by taking off my makeup with wipes. My favorite ones are the Ole Henriksen Truth To Go Vitamin C Wipes. When I first purchased these wipes, I was a little put off by the citrus scent they have, but I thought I might as well give them a shot and use them before I go looking for new ones to try. Let me tell you that I got over the scent quick after I used them a few times. They remove all the makeup, including mascara but don’t leave my skin feeling dry. They come in a handy soft-pack pouch that snaps shut to keep the wipes from drying out and can be thrown in a gym or overnight bag for cleansing on the go. I’ve repurchased them three times now. Love these wipes!
Cost: $15 for 30 wipes at Sephora and the Ole Henriksen website


Facial Cleanser 
I next use the boscia Tsubaki Cleansing Oil-Gel. This is a preservative free (no icky stuff – yay!) oil-gel cleanser that leaves my dry skin feeling clean, hydrated and soft. It has a nice scent and I love the gel consistency. The best part of this cleanser is that it doesn't irritate my eyes (A+ for that alone).
Cost: $28 at Sephora and the boscia website



Exfoliation
After I wash my face, I use the First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads to give my face a gentle exfoliation. These pads exfoliate (but are not rough on the skin), tone and brighten. They are alcohol free and are safe for sensitive skin. I've already repurchased these pads twice.
Cost: $30 for 60 pads at Sephora and the FAB website



Eye Cream 
I apply next the Tarte Maracuja Oil Eye Treatment. I have to say that the skin around my eyes feel hydrated and the under eye dark circles I had are practically all gone. I’ve also noticed less fine lines and wrinkles. I also like that this eye treatment is rich in vitamin C and is preservative and cruelty free.
Cost: $38 at Sephora and the Tarte website



Serum
After I apply the eye treatment, I pat First Aid Beauty Dual Repair Power Serum on my face. The First Aid Beauty line was recommended to me by an associate at Sephora when I was looking for a skin care line that is anti aging, chemical and paraben free and didn’t leave a huge hole in my wallet. I like this serum because it leaves a silky, non greasy feel to my skin. FAB claims this serum is clinically proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by 41% in just six weeks. All I know that my fine lines and wrinkles are less noticeable but what I don’t know if it’s the serum or a combination of the products in my nighttime routine. Don’t care – it works.
Cost: $48 at Sephora and the FAB website



Oil 
I've jumped on the facial oil bandwagon so after I apply my serum, I use the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil on my face. My dry skin thanks me every day! I got a sample of the Josie Maran Argon Oil at Sephora but it felt heavy on my skin and I didn’t like it (this was before she came out with the “light” formula). I then went back to Sephora to purchase the Tarte oil (even without asking for a sample first) and I’m so glad I did. It gives me the extra layer of hydration my skin needs without it feeling heavy on my skin. This oil is rich in vitamin C and is also preservative and cruelty free. I highly recommend.
Cost: $46 at Sephora and the Tarte website



Moisturizer
I pat on the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer on my face after the serum. I love it because it’s a lightweight formula so it doesn’t feel heavy on my face and my skin drinks it right in. It has all the good stuff I do want in a moisturizer such as meadowfoam seed oil, avocado oil and shea butter. The moisturizer is paraben, chemical, and colorant free just like all of the FAB products.
Cost: $24 at Sephora and the FAB website



Body Moisturizer
I've been using Cetaphil for years now, since it was recommended to me by a Dermatologist. This is a product that I will be a staple in my routine because it instantly soothes dry, chapped skin. It makes my skin feel soft, moisturized and protected. It’s my Holy Grail body moisturizer.
Cost: $12-$15 at the drug store



Anyone notice a trend here? All of these products do not contain any harsh chemicals, are paraben free and safe for sensitive skin. I've spent a lot of money searching for products that work for me and as I got older, certain things became more important to me such as products that are chemical and paraben free. It’s a big plus that the products are super moisturizing and anti aging. I finally have my nighttime routine down pat with the products I love. I may try out new products here and there but they must also be chemical and paraben free. I will update you if I decide to switch out a product.
Oh, one thing I want to address and that is the cost of the products. Yes, they are a bit pricey but I don’t mind it so much if the products do as they claim they do. Besides, there are often 20% or 30% off sales if you are subscribed to their websites and that’s when I will make my purchase.

What products do you use in your nighttime routine?

Thank you for taking the time for reading what I have to say.
‘Til next time,
Memi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.