Thursday, January 23, 2014

2013 FAVORITES


Hello Beauties!


I would like to share with you my 2013 makeup favorites, Holy Grail products.  It didn't really take long on deciding which products I was going to mention because I use them almost on a daily basis.  Although I’m always looking for knew things to try out (drugstore or high end), these are the products that I continually go back to. I will do a separate post on a few of these items so I can show you swatches and go into more detail so you can see why I love them and why I will repurchase.


Face
Face Primers: Mally Perfect Prep Primer, Tarte BB Tinted Treatment 12-Hour Primer
Foundations: L’Oreal True Match Lumi in n1-2, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain (not pictured)
Powder: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium
Concealer: Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Light
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Anti Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion



Bronzer
Sephora’s Los Cabos, NARS’ Laguna (use mostly for contour), and Benefit’s Hoola 



Blush
NARS Orgasm, Milani’s Luminoso, Tarte’s Dollface, MAC’s Melba, Elf’s Blushing Rose, Benefit’s Coralista and Too Faced Sweetheart in Candy Glow.  I have more blushes in my collection but these are the blushes that I kept going back to.  Can you tell that I love blushes?




Eyes
MAC’s Soft Brown, Samoa Silk and Urban Decay’s Naked Basics Palette, Bare Minerals Smoke & Define Double-Ended Kohl and Liquid Eyeliner.  
No matter what shadow palette I’m using, or what look I’m going for, these products are a staple. 
The BM double ended eyeliner is the best I've used in a long time. On one end is Smoke Deep Brown which is a beautiful brown that goes on smooth and stays put hours after I applied it on my lower lash line. On the other end is Define Black which is a felt tip liquid eyeliner. I love this liquid eyeliner because the felt tip is short which gives me better control and makes the cat eye easy.  



Highlight
Laura Mercier in #01, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
MAC’s MSF in Soft in Gentle is special to me because it is my very first highlighter.



Eyebrows
Brow Bar To Go by Whitening Lightening, MAC pencil in Lingering, Anastasia Brow Gel in Clear and I have to mention MAC brush #208 to apply the brow powder.


Setting Sprays
MAC Fix + and Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray
My makeup is not complete until I apply either one of these.



Lips
Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Sticks in Sweet Watermelon, Soft Raspberry and Plum Perfect.   I love them so much I want more.  These lip balms go on so smooth like butter and are super moisturizing.
Mally Lipstick in Blossom.
MAC  Angel paired with NARS Turkish Delight.
MAC Blankety paired with MAC Fluste Rose.
MAC lip pencil in Boldly Bare.  This lip pencil is an exact match to my natural lip color and helps the lipstick or gloss I am wearing stay in place with no feathering.

Yep, that's my shadow you see there. 

Honorable mention (not pictured) in lip products go to:  Maybelline’s Make Me Pink, Revlon’s Primrose, Rimmel’s Airy Fairy and Rimmel’s #101.  I started wearing these lip colors toward the end of the year so I thought they should be mentioned because they are the prettiest neutrals.  I will definitely do a separate post on these beautiful lip colors.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
‘Til next time,
Memi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment.